Saturday, December 15, 2007

Only 363 More

Only 363 more days left in my 30's (2008 is a leap year thus 363 more days). Can't believe how life has flown on by. I praise God for another birthday, each and every day is a gift from my God! It is another year closer to my eternity with my Savior.

Sure had a great birthday this year. The birthday stretched out for a few days. The actual day of my birth started with phone calls from all my immediate family. Love them so much. Arrived at work and my co-workers had an Americano and a pastry. Yummy. Around 4Th period, 40 6Th grade girls walked into my office each with a beautiful flower wishing me a "Happy Birthday". All the flowers made a beautiful huge bouquet from my dear sister Amy (she teaches 6Th grade at the same school that I teach at) which I proudly displayed on my desk. At lunch my wonderful co-workers had a little birthday celebration for me. Anne even cooked a home made angle food cake, my very favorite. After work, I went over to my parents house. Here I celebrated with them my 39Th anniversary of meeting the two most wonderful people ever in my life. My grandma cooked my favorite childhood meal, porcupine balls. Delicious. After dinner my sister Amy, my mom and I went to go and visit my dear cousin Julie who is on her last few days of life (another post, at another time when I have the strength to post about her terminal cancer). We all shared many tears together. She is my true life hero (if you have a chance, pray for her that God would give her the grace and strength to endure to the end, and for great comfort for her husband, 6 year old son, parents, sister and niece).

Friday, I celebrated with a few great friends. We had Baja Fresh and then came to my house and played Skip Bo. Many other out of town friends called to wish me a happy birthday. I praise God for dear friends that are in my life. Saturday my sister, brother 'n law and my sweet niece came into town. After going out to a nice lunch with my family we came back and opened presents. Trin Trin helped Auntie open gifts. Oh she was so cute and sweet. She must have said 30 times (I could take her saying this all year long), "Happy Bird-day Shel Shel (pronounced Shaw Shaw)" and when she said this she would come running up to me with big open arms and she would give me a hug. I was sitting in a chair so mostly she hugged my legs and leaned over onto my lap area. My heart melted every time. The sweetness of a child. I received some wonderful presents which I am very grateful for. I got a digital camera, so now I can post pictures that I have taken.

Another year of life, 363 days left in my 30's. I need to live each to the glory of my Savior. May God allow me to grow in Him, to know more of Christ, to be known by Him and to be thankful for each and every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Shells! So great to hear about your special time and all of those who love you so deeply, as I do! May the Lord bless the next year to His glory.

Love,
Jen a.