Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Flour Girls


Yesterday my mom, my sisters and I thought it would be fun to make Christmas cookies with my 2 year old niece, Trinity. What a blast we had and I think Trinity enjoyed herself the most. By the end of our time my mom was calling us the "Flour Girls". We all laughed so much. We started out by putting flour down on the cutting board and Trin sure thought this was fun. She was putting her hands in it, rubbing it around on the cutting board, sliding it around (on her and on the floor). We then helped her roll out some dough. She liked this. We then gave her a cookie cutter and showed her what she should do with it. She could not press down hard enough so we ended up pushing down on top of her hand. Most of the cookies had several cookie cutter presses down on them. Some cookies had an arm of a star cut off and 5 Christmas trees imprinted on one cut out tree. As we were putting the cut out cookies on the cookie sheet, Trin was taking a cookie cutter and putting it in the flour and pushing flour all over the place. When we got enough cookies on the tray we allowed Trin to put on the sprinkles and decorations. Jen handed her the green sprinkles and little did any of us know, but the shaker had big holes. In just a second, Trin had put an 1" of green sugar on the tree cookie and on the tray. We showed her how to sprinkle it and boy did she sprinkle it. Then we gave her little M&M's and she randomly put these around. Nana gave us some big M&M's. I carefully put them on the top of each Christmas, on each star, each wreath, and the 'gonger' of each bell. Trin did not like my placement and took all the big M&M's off leaving little finger imprints where she tried to take them off. We all had our amusement for the day and after 3 trays called it quits for the time being. TrinTrin was striped down to her underwear when she left the table. Before going out to lunch, I went in to use the restroom and I saw that the top of my head had a huge white spot of flour on it. Wonder how that got there. We finished up the dough when Trinity was taking her nap that afternoon. What a hoot!

I LOVE BEING AN AUNTIE!!!

No comments: