Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's All Worth It!

My pool is such a hassle. Hassle is an understatement too. My pool needs constant love, care and so much time. Chemicals, brushing, filter cleaning, skimming, vacuuming, and the list goes on. I hate dealing with the surprise that it is green and cloudy. At some moments in time I have thought that I would like to be done with it and fill it in.
UNTIL, I have family or friends over and they truly are enjoying the pool. This past week was such and example. Jen and the kids were up this week and we were in the pool for 4 or 5 days straight. The kids seem to just love being in the pool. This past week, everyone was in the pool. My mom, Jen, Trin Trin, Joe Joe, baby Eric, Amy, my cousin Cheryl, Olivia, Angie and I have all been in the pool. What fun we all had. Today is the first day in 6 days that I have not been in. Think I will pull the cover back and get in (after the Giant's game).

So, even though the pool is a complete hassle and uses up a good amount of my time, when people I love and care about enjoy my pool, it is all worth it.

A complete side note here about the pool: on Tuesday Amy brought over baby Eric to get him used to the pool. He cried and cried just getting the tips of his toes in. The next day, Amy had him in on her legs, he fussed a little. On Thursday (and Friday and Saturday too) he got completely in the pool. He so enjoyed himself. He laughed at his cousins and did not mind a little splash on his face.

I thank God for the blessing of a pool and to use it for His glory!

image taken from google images

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little Eric loves the pool and had a great time in it. Most of all he loves his wonderful Auntie!