Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made


"For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them. " Psalm 139:13-16


Baby F is due in about 5 weeks. In December I was able to go to a few appointments with her. His little heart beat sounds like a horse trotting. The ultrasound images were incredible. I clearly was able to see all of his fingers, toes, spine, eyes, the 4 chambers of his heart beating and squeezing, the division between his right and left side of his brain, his femur bone and so many other incredible features.

Trin Trin and Joe Joe are up at Nana and Papa's for some time after Christmas. What is so adorable is to see them come up to Amy and give her tummy a big hug and how they talk to baby F. They even picked out some baby toys for him for Christmas.

I am so reminded of the text above when I think of what a miracle God performs each and every time a life is formed in a mother's womb. Soon and very soon we will be able to meet Baby F and find out his name that has been picked out for him.

No comments: